Saturday, May 16, 2015

Cross with Words

Hi guys. Today  I have a "favourite of the year" card to show off. I created this card for my brother and I'm absolutely thrilled with how it turned out!!! A friend of mine had offered the embossing folder to me before, but I thought the embossing was too big for my cards,so I never tried it. Then I decided I wanted a big cross on my brother's card (it's for his baptism)...and decided to give the embossing folder a try....



the folder itself  is 5.75"x4.25" which is the exact size of my cards...and I really didn't want to make my cards any larger...but I cut out the cross...and it became just-JUST small enough to fit onto my card! WHEW!!!

and now I'm such a big fan. I'm getting one of those for myself -- I love it!

So anyways, enough with the ramblings -- here's the card.


I used dimensional foam behind the cross to lift it a bit...as well as behind the dove image (which is a Stampin Up stamp btw).



So that's my card for the day. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments. :)


challenges:

13 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! My goddaughters' baptism anniversary is coming up next week and I still haven't made their cards yet. I would copy yours down to the last detail if I owned any of those supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buen trabajo. Gracias por participar con nosotras en el Retarte de Stampartpapel. Buena suerte!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew,
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully executed and I love the neutral tones.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and beautiful!! Love that bird image! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really stylish and perfect for the occasion! Thank you for joining our CAS challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week, good luck and please join us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soft neutral tones match the sentiment perfectly.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. The embossing is fabulous and worked really well. I'm sure your brother will treasure this always. Thanks so much for joining in with the Sweet Stampin' Crew for our 'CAS' challenge. We're so glad you did. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Espectacular!!! gracias por participar en Retarte de Stampartpapel....me encanta...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, love the beautiful Cross and the Dove.
    Great color
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges and welcome on the S4fChallenge blog.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cross on this beautiful card!

    Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful. thanks so much for playing along in the little tangles challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs