Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Card for Mom

Hi guys. Today I want to show you my first-ever all white card. I must admit, making this card was a slow process for me -- mostly because of the ribbon. The rest of the card came together so nicely, but when it was time to tie off the ribbon and create a bow, I found I had a BIG problem on my hands.

I think I won this ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon. It's absolutely gorgeous ribbon -- sheer, with a sparkle to it that really shows off the ribbon well , even when it's on an all white card. I had an idea in mind of what the bow should look like but no matter what I tried, I just couldn't get it right.

Now I know I have a few ribbon tying tutorials (#1, #2 & #3) on my blog's righ-sidebar, but those ribbons weren't 1" wide. It does get more complicated with wider ribbons, that's for sure. So I went on www.youtube.com and tried to find easy bow making tricks. And yes, there are some great ones out there -- like the Bow Maker, which is awesome! You can improvise and make your own version of the Bow Maker with just a few supplies (that are probably lying on your crafting table right now)...but my bow still didn't turn out like I'd envisioned. (this card is for my mom, so it had to be Perfect -- or as close to perfect as I could get it!)

So I asked the expert (in my opinion) -- Jacque. Her cards always have the most beautiful bows -- no matter what size or the width of the ribbons. She gets it right every time! She told me she uses a tool called the Bow Easy, not the Bow Maker. Jacque -- you're the best! :) Thanks for all the help with this. :) It truly does make a difference.

So anyways, enough about the ribbon...moving on to my card.

First off, I just have to add that I used a sketch I found online. Something about it make me think that it would look good as an all-white card, so I decided to give it a try. It's something I've been wanting to do forever, but just never really had a clue how to get started. After this one, (despite the length of time I had to put into it) I'll definitely be making more -- now I know all the "not to do's!" LOL

A friend of mine made the word art that I used for my sentiment. It's a lovely quote by Julia Summers -- perfect for a Mother's Day card. :)
I used my Cuttlebug to add the texture to the background paper. The folder is called "Victorian" -- it's one of the more elegant folders I've seen...and I love it! I cut the Spellbinder on a Cuttlebug (dies are definitely awesome!) and blinged it up with tiny white bling from the Dollarama. Finally I added some recently won white Pearls (from RRR) to my corners just so they wouldnt' be so bare. I must say, I am now officially hooked on the pearls! Like wow! I love bling, but these pearls look amazing! I especially love the extra tiny ones -- they add an elegance. :) Love love love! :)



And of course I finished my card off with a bow. Tied with a Bow Easy -- and looks just like I'd envisioned it from the start. :D


Here's the final product:  (bad quality pics, but that's all I could do at the time)




Card Recipe:

Cuttlebug "Victorian"Folder
Spellbinder: Scallopped Circles
RRR White Sheer Ribbon
RRR Pearls
White Bling

1 comment:

  1. Hi Divinity this is absolutely stunning, I love the white on white cards they always look so elegant and classy just like this one, super work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs