Thursday, March 8, 2012

Scrapping and Me

Hi guys. Do you ever sit back and look at all the "stuff' we have now (for card making and scrapbooking) and think about how much it has changed over the years? There's so many mixed medias out there today! So many great products! Some days I look at the scrapbooking isles in a store (seems they're in every store you walk in today) and I'm amazing at how the craft has exploded over the past few years! It's everywhere! The whole look. The idea. Every art form -- from pictures to frames to bilboard signs has a "scrappy look"!

So how have you evolved over the years???

I know I have -- BIG TIME! When I first started scrapbooking (I honestly can't remember what got me started), I didn't have much of anything! I know I was using construction papers, etc. and lots of Fiskars fancy-edged scissors!!! As I slowly got supplies and stuff...I took apart some of my ealier pages, just cause they were "ugly" and I didn't want to show them off to anyone! LOL Then I decided if I continued to do that, it would be a never-ending story! I'm constantly learning and constantly trying new ideas -- so my layouts and cards are ever-changing. Now I have great products -- quality papers, fancy cardstock and great lines of papers -- and of course lots of different embellishments and bling. Gotta love the bling! :)

Now I love looking thru my scrapbooks from time to time -- just to see how I've grown (craftily speaking). :p It's definitely cool! :)

2 comments:

  1. I just became a follower on both your linkys
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one have way to much stuff :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my Really Reasonable Ribbon project

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs