Saturday, April 16, 2011

Old Stamps, New Technique

 Oh yeah!!! The computer is up and running...and I have so much to show off!!! :p

I won a clear stamp set a year or so ago. Basically it was the same image -- one stamped the outline only, and the second stamped the whole image. I've used it a few times, but I was never really impressed. Yesterday I saw a card in a gallery using a similar stamp set...and I set out to try the technique. It's so simple, but it looks amazing! :) I used two different colours (recommended), and stamped first the outline and then the whole image -- kind of on top of each other. Let it dry...and your stamped paper is ready to use!!! And it looks really cool!!!

Here's a card I made using the new technique.


I'll be reaching for this stamp set a whole lot more in the future! TFL :)

Totally Stampalicious -- Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. wow yes very effective, love it. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love how well the embossing, leaves and stamp go together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamping is gorgeous. Great set to have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this might be a silly question, but how do you stamp an outline?? i mean, how do you get ink just on the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  5. julia, there are two different stamps i used. they are both the same image -- one only stamps the outline, and the second one stamps the whole thing. otherwise this whole technique wouldn't be possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Divinity this is totally fabulous what a great stamp set and the technique you have used to create the wonderful images is brilliant love this big time.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs