Monday, October 18, 2010

Shaker Card

I've seen these cards all over the blogs -- and I was always so impressed. Impressed -- but not quite inspired enough to try one for myself. I always figured they were complicated to make.

Last week the card I was challenged to lift, happened to be a shaker card! So I guess you could say I had my work cut out for myself! :) After a whole week of procrastinating -- mostly 'cause I could not come up with anything, I sat down on Saturday and just decided to go for it -- whatever happens, happens. lol

It was fun once I figured out what I was doing. Plus, I'd been wanting to use my caffeine clear stamp set already, and this was a perfect excuse! Being a coffee lover myself, I couldn't think of anything better to put into the shaker than actual coffee grinds!!! LOL My card even SMELLS like coffee!!!


It definitely turned out better than I had anticipated. :) TFL.

Pear Tree Designs -- Free for All

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea for your coffee themed shaker card!Love the added pearls and lace too.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love the shaker element and coffee theme! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya

    great card, I have tried shaker cards before but always seem to fail lol, thanks for entering my candy, good luck

    Joey.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs