Friday, May 28, 2010

Beautiful in Green

I won a clear stamp set awhile back, but never really got into using them. The stamp is a stem with leaves...the set includes both the outline of the leaves, or the solid leaf. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of this stamp -- I don't know -- it's a little plain. :(

I wanted to try using up some strips of ribbon I have lying around...especially this dark green one. There wasn't much of it, so I figured I'd at least get one card. Using a previously showcased card as my sketch, I set to work. I finished the dry embossing along the side, printed the background paper...and added the ribbon. That's when I landed in a rut! I didn't want an exact replicate of the previous card...and I didn't want to use one of the many stamps I've been using (overusing!) in the last month! Finally I decided to give the leaves set another shot. I stamped and embossed the image with silver embossing powder, and then cut out the image. I decided to simply raise it a bit and add a simple stamped sentiment on the bottom of the card. :)

I don't know -- I love the simplicity of it! And the silver embossing comes out really well on the dark green -- which I love! TFL :)


Found a challenge to enter:
Quixotic Challenges: Emboss it!
   > my card has both dry embossing and heat embossing! :)
Anything Card: Must be Stamped
   > Not exactly my favourite stamp -- but it's a stamp!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is a simple stamp but you did a great job out of it. Nice and simple card. . .I just posted a CAS card in some challenges ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking the stamp is to be layered -- a solid colour, then a different coloured outline. You used it well though. I like what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Have a blessed day!! :) *hugs